A Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) system is a single refrigerant circuit that connects many indoor units to one outdoor unit. VRF is a superior way to heat and cool any space, providing improved humidity control, individual setpoints per indoor unit, and a very quiet comfort experience. In the heat recovery configuration, VRF also allows for heating and cooling simultaneously in different zones, further enhancing energy savings and increasing occupant comfort.
VRF HVAC: The LG Multi V Series
LG’s groundbreaking HVAC controls give building owners and operators flexibility and visibility, improving building efficiency and performance, empowering them to optimize their operations which fosters more building synergy and grants greater accessibility than ever before.
The LG Difference
LG is a leading player in the global air conditioning market, manufacturing both commercial and residential air conditioning systems and building management solutions. From residential and commercial units to industrial and specialized air conditioning systems, LG provides a wide range of high-quality products for heating, ventilating, and air conditioning.
- Advanced Smart Load Control - Automatically adjusts system target pressures based on outdoor temperature and humidity for increased cooling performance
- Active Refrigerant Control - Depending on the operating mode and conditions, the system refrigerant level is automatically adjusted for increased part load and heating efficiency.
- Variable Path Heat Exchanger - Depending on the operating mode and conditions, both the refrigerant flow path and velocity are adjusted for improved efficiency.
- Advanced PCB Cooling - Improved cooling performance of the inverter PCB by using liquid refrigerant instead of heat sink cooling methods.
- Higher-Elevation Piping Technology - More floors with fewer systems. LG Multi V 5 eliminates the need to invest in extra systems and saves on installation. Enjoy reduced heating capacity losses due to long pipe length.
- Compact & Lightweight - More indoor zones, less outdoor space. When space or access is at a premium, Multi V 5 VRF systems offer cost advantages on large projects.
- Ducted and Duct-free Options - With LG VRF HVAC systems, customers have the flexibility of selecting the units that best fit the application.
- Quiet Operation - LG VRF systems, including the Multi V series, are among the quietest in the industry, with indoor units sound levels rated as low as 23dB(A). In addition to temperature, airflow and dehumidification, low sound levels contribute to a relaxing environment.
- Individualized Zone Control - Multi V VRF systems allow the user to control the space to the exact temperature desired. This further enhances comfort while promoting reduced power consumption.
- Indoor Air Quality - All Multi V indoor units incorporate a reusable, washable filter. Since distribution and return ducts are not required for this system, dust and duct mold accumulation are reduced, contributing to improved indoor air quality.
- LG Inverter Scroll - Innovative high side-shell design creates a more compact unit providing the same capacity output, with greater reliability in cold climates.
- HiPOR™ (High-Pressure Oil Return) - Oil is returned to the compressor through a separate inlet pipe, ensuring that compressor energy is used to compress refrigerant only.
- Smart Oil Control - Eliminates timed oil-return cycles and takes hours off of the time required to return oil compared to systems that use a timed oil-recovery cycle.
- Intelligent Heating - By monitoring the outdoor humidity, system target pressures can be reduced to extend heating operation, delay defrost operation and reduce power consumption.
- Seamless System Integration - In the past, VRF integration into an existing BMS required the use of a third-party gateway and manufacturers limited the connectivity to a few industry protocols. LG's agnostic approach to controls makes LG VRF HVAC systems easier to integrate and grants engineers flexibility in both design and systems integration vendor. This not only affords building owners the best solution for their building but also provides a reduced cost for implementation and maintenance.